13 December 2016

Furiously Happy (book review)

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible ThingsFuriously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Enlightening. Connecting. Hilarious. It's difficult to mix these three incredibly powerful effects, but Jenny Lawson has done it in spades. My eyes have been opened in a human way of storytelling on the hero's journey of not just surviving depression and anxiety disorder ... but giving it the middle finger, and the on-going journey and intentionality it takes to keep doing that.

I learned through her that everybody is different and have different paths, but all of us can embrace life and all that we are. Her Spoon Theory blew me away and so many puzzle pieces fell into place. I suddenly felt tearful and regretful with my assumption with friends who suffer from depression, and am grateful to Jenny for her bravery in sharing such vulnerable stories.

Thank you.

View all my reviews