14 May 2013

Painting: New Freedom

Painting is both a weird sense of relaxation and adrenaline for me. I deeply love watercolour painting, but it's strictly a mood thing based on sudden gasps of inspiration. This inspiration is typically found in those bubbles of life where sleep is good and stress is low .... mostly commonly located within holidays :)
\


These paintings represent a nice breakthrough for me. Not only are they clear signals that I am in one of the happiest places you could put me (oceanic scenes), I am finally getting comfortable enough in my own skin to not be staring at photos I've taken constantly during the painting effort. Granted, I sometimes do that to represent personal "photographs" of my experience at a location, ie, the Red Fort in Malta, or something like that. But natural scenes, such as woods or water, can now be represented without imagery telling me what to do. It's a wonderful sense of freedom and experimentation that I have allowed myself to enjoy.