15 June 2003

St. Louis Trip
Firstly, I must say something about the improved interface of Blogger. I like it, if nothing else but for the colors of my posting screens (I love blues). I just hope they've improved the service.

Moving on. Eric and my six month anniversary was Saturday (June 14), and being the zoo lover that I am, he sweetly arranged a quick pop-over to St. Louis, which has an awesome zoo. This brings me to an update on my zoo website. It's coming along nicely. I have most of the page templates created, and have focused it to discuss the importance of animals on the Earth, as well as our stewardship responsibilities to keep ecologies intact for species still remaining. My two biggest pages are zoos, and you can click into all of the zoos I've been to and the pictures I have taken there, then I have a page with all of the continents, and it will have pictures I have taken of animals that are from that continent. For example, I seem to be still fascinated (as I cannot get it out of my mind) that honey bees are actually from Europe, but were brought to America in the 1600s. It's a fun project though.

Then we went to the Arch and waited an hour to get our 2 minutes looking at the muddy Mississippi River. I wasn't very impressed, but then, it can be very difficult to impress me. I've been by it a lot, but have never been up it, so I had to do it at least once...oh, I was impressed that the 6 year old next to me in line knew that it was 630 feet high!

The final leg of our journey was of course Rose Hulman ;) Eric showed me his memories on and off campus, which included the disc golf course and the most important item of any college guy's knowledge: the local Chinese restaurant. I must say, their General Tso's was fabulous!

PS Apparently the Blogger still is worthless in the uploading realm. It won't add any of my pictures, and you have to tab to even get to the "done" button because the window's not big enough! *arg* I'll try and add the pictures in the morning.