24 December 2005

IN-LAWS
Death to in-laws. This can't be totally true because my parents are wonderful to Eric...catering to his every whim and need. For example, my mum threw out an old pillow of Eric's. Let's note the pillow was a 15 year old feather pillow that had reached the point of rottenness. Further, I had asked her to pitch it for me because I couldn't handle the stench any longer, and he was strangely possessive of the nasty thing. Being the wonderful mother that she is, she pitches it while we're away on holiday. Eric was crushed. While I'm in giving her the eye that says "THANK YOU!", she nearly cries when he gives her a guilt trip, and gives him $50 to go buy a special chiropractic pillow b/c he's bitching about the fact that the 15 year old rotten feather pillow was "perfect for his neck". Let's move to my scene...my welcome to Christmas Eve is extreme banging on my door (at Eric's family's home) and his mum freakin' walks into the room in which we are sleeping. Does anybody else see this as an invasion to privacy to walk into somebody's bedroom when they are probably in bed? Does the question, "could I step in" enter into the picture? Oh no, of course not. Instead, milliseconds after the door is banged in, she walks in, and informs me that his sister is there (a surprise visit) and that we should be out immediately. WTF? Merry Christmas! *deep sarcasm* I could share more, but I'm sure that I would discover the Internet's space limit.