16 January 2008

Chicago...and being happy where-ever I am
As I was driving to Halsted Street for a visit to the B.L.U.E.S., I thought, "Lincoln Park would be the place I'd want to live. Always hopping with life, and close to downtown, I think it would be fun to trade the 3K square feet of a condo for the 1K square feet of a flat...just a for a couple years or so."

Then I realised that I think this way every time I go to a place I know decently well and enjoy - Chicago, New York, and London are my top places I'd totally not mind trading the larger space of boredom for the smaller space of excitement! However, I thought of something somewhat profound for me: I'll probably never be completely happy regardless of my location simply because I have to be completely happy with myself before I know what I really need around me. Realising this has made me know what I feel is missing from Indianapolis - we have a little bit of everything, but not a lot of anything. I have to admit that isn't a terrible thing, and probably makes travelling even more fun.

Also, the lower living expenses helps our travelling budget quite a bit, and I couldn't stop travelling regardless of where I lived. Besides just wishing we were closer to cooler places, I think Indianapolis really isn't that bad - providing a cheap haven to come back to, and an hor d'ouerve tray of what's out there. It's just important to not get too caught up with a life just in Indianapolis.