27 July 2012

Seven Deadly Sins

One of my new favourite things is the Seven Deadly lowball set we have for the Gin and Scotch collection. These etched glasses are especially fun as each sin is characterised by an humourist artist.


Just as an odd habit, I tend to select the sin that I feel the most likely to be broken in that day based on how the day went up to that point. I assumed that I would always be Wrath and never, ever Sloth. However, Sloth is often selected and I've yet to select Wrath. Possibly all my initial assumptions that I was always angry was my by put out that work was unnecessarily being created...I say this especially since those are the scenes that pop to my mind when I think how much less angry I should be as a person.

Greed and Gluttony occasionally gets chosen, and if you know me at all, then you know that Pride is the most common. Ironically, I had a dream that Pride had fallen out of my hand and smashed to a million pieces, which was most disconcerting depending on how you wanted to interpret that. 

Regardless, it would seem that I have pretty much zero personal awareness of Wrath, Envy and Lust, but I like looking at their representations :)