18 August 2013

Seattle? Or Paris?


My first trip to Seattle matched all the stories I had heard.

Beautiful!
Perfect weather!
Coffee shoppes everywhere!
Great food!
Amazing animals and nature!
Eclectic!
Clean!

So as I wandered about the somewhat Old World type of streets, dashing into a wee eatery for an amazing breakfast burrito, I ask myself why I had not bothered with the northwest previously. It was so gorgeous both in beauty and weather, not to mention the landscape I saw flying in.

Then I remembered the question that always popped into my mind when I grimaced at the $800-1000 plane tickets.

"Why would I do that when I go to Paris for less?"

Well, there we are. Unfortunately, the conundrum will be even worse because now it's no longer a guess, but a reality that Seattle is very cool too. Decisions, decisions.