02 November 2014

Happy Wintry Weekend!

I absolutely love winter! Snow is like caffeine on steroids for me :) While cold is not necessarily a massive draw for me, there is an acceptance that snow and cold come together. So why don't I live in Minnesota, Colorado, Michigan, Maine, etc? I'm really not sure, although if I was going to move to a winter wonderland, I'd prefer moving to Iceland or Scandinavia. Grateful for the two inches of snow given the more southerly location of North Carolina, I sprang into joyous action. Shopping, hair salon, a couple nice drives, and a hike up to a waterfall fill the weekend. The most important purchase were extremely large tea/hot chocolate mugs with adorable animal drawings on them (mine is a rabbit). Sadly, the snow is already gone, but the spirit of winter is left in me as I look forward to many more bracing walks and suppers by the fire.