08 July 2005

Ups and Downs
It's been a tough week, but last week was lots of fun, so it all balances out.

downs...
I found out that it's too late to register for my graduation, and since of course UoP didn't bother sending me any info on the precess, I can't walk the aisle...BUT we had already reserved the resort and plane tickets, so we're going anyway just to enjoy the southwest and see the Grand Canyon :) Also, my first character death since my entrance to the world of RPG's occurred last night, which depressed me mightily.

ups...
I had an awesome July 4 weekend in Chicago :) Taste of Chicago was truly awesome with tastes from each different restaurant represented available for only $1.50 each. You really can't beat that, so I got to try lots of new food. The fireworks on the Lake was of course beautiful, and I highly recommend B.L.U.E.'s on Halstead. I kept thinking how Matt would love that club. Lastly, I went to visit family in Michigan that I haven't seen in many years, and came away happy, with my frozen cherries from Traverse City's Cherry Festival, venison, trout and salmon from my families crazy hunting and fishing lives. I could never live in the country, but it's very handy to have family that does.

Don't forget that party this Saturday! Bring something you want grilled...we have a bunch of spices too that you can use.