21 August 2006

Bunny Memories

Sometimes you wonder if it's worth having pets because they inevitably die, but I think that thought is the fleeting sentence that passes through the most painful realisation that your pet has died. Later, you start going through pictures and realising how much your pet added to your quality of life, and really, how you provided a peaceful home for your pet. I don't know if it's just albino rabbits that don't live long, or my inability to keep rabbits alive. Sadly, I have to add another wonderful rabbit to the list of wonderful bunnies in my life.

MAZI, albino New Zealand, died from unknown causes

FLOPPY, brown Lop, died from heart attack while on vacation

THUMPER, black and white mutt, died from unknown causes

CHERRY, albino New Zealand, died from .22 bullet when she escaped and some asshole had nothing better to do. It is not pleasant to discover the body of your adorable bunny with a bullet hole in her head at 5 years old.

You would think all these losses would cure me from rabbit ownership, but I just want another one. Something about owning lots of pets over the years (dogs, cats, rabbits, fish, frogs), life becomes unbearable without them!