16 September 2006

Back in USA
Note the enthusiasm (or lack thereof). I could have used a few more weeks away, but it was really great returning to London and Paris. Stonehenge and the Roman Baths were new sites for me, and Paris was extra special since I had only been to Paris once, leaving lots and lots and lots of wonderful new things to do. Howie did the tourist stuff, Eric did the sculpture and military stuff, and I did the art stuff. Regarding London, I've determined my next trip is going to involve a different play, musical, or broadway each night. We went to one play and one concert, but given all the playhouses in London, we should have attended more.

Expecting Baby added a fun twist. Previously, I never, ever, noticed baby things in the UK or Europe; however, this trip opened my eyes to ALL the baby and maternity boutiques. It is a very very very very good thing I don't know Baby's gender until October because that saved us a immense fortune investing in Burberry's baby line ;) There was a entire floor section of Burberry baby items in Harrods *happy sigh*. We did get to the Hundred Acre Wood for some nursery items. I kept explaining all the Pooh places to Baby, but Eric's pretty sure that my explanations will need repeated later.