14 December 2007

Roses...Roses...MORE roses...Yes, even more roses :)
My wedding was flooded with roses. We had a very small ceremony, but it was dominated with roses. My adoration for the piano was added with the Bosendorfer in the room, also heaped with roses. It was definitely a dream wedding for me. So, when I get four dozen roses on my baby Grand for our anniversary, the memories flood back. They are now dispersed across the house in four different vases, the principle vase being our wine bucket sitting on the now closed piano, which was the gift for our 5th year of marriage.

Speaking of pianos, I experienced my first recital last Tuesday...the first in 15 years. I have to give credit to my teacher, who has helped me realise that performance is about full enjoyment and comfort of the music. 15 years ago I was a rigid machine tapping out the notes with the same phrase in my mind repeating "is it over yet?" This time I had a wonderful time, and even did marginally well :)