15 December 2008

6 Years...

...of marriage to Eric does seem like six years. I can remember the first time he approached me to "car pool" to a party together for New Year's Eve like it was yesterday. He had that scent that any girl could smell that reeked of "this is my foot in the door! I'm being so insanely coy about it too!"

I will never let him live it down that he asked me out on our first official date over email. Granted, we both had established a very good online conversation setting up to this point, but seriously!

I actually start getting queasy when I realise how close I came to losing him at the very beginning when I set up two dinner dates for Valentine's Day only two months after that car pool suggestion of Eric's on NYE. You have to understand that Eric and I were not considered an "item" yet, and I still felt free to take advantage of the maximum number of dates I could juggle. Unfortunately, the first dinner ran later than I anticipated, and unable to contact Eric, I almost seriously flubbed it. I remember seeing his face upon arriving and I though, "oh shit, I've got to make this good."

Thankfully, Eric is the most forgiving person on the planet, not to mention patient!
It has led to eight crazy, fun, turbulent, loving and supportive years. (We have to count the year of dating and the year of engagement.)

Happy Anniversary Sweetie!