21 December 2008

Something Going to Plan?

While I fully looked forward to the Christmas plans that I outlined in my previous post entitled Snuggling through the Holidays, I didn't really believe down deep that it would happen. While I'm a strong driver to my own destiny, my karma isn't always in agreement with my plans. A storm promised to blow through the midwest right out to the Atlantic, and although we left four hours early to stay ahead of the storm, I didn't really expect it to work.

But it did!

After happily settling into the resort condo in Provincetown with an appropriate array of Christmas delights surrounding us and a fire blazing, the first flakes of a foot of snow started pouring down. Thankfully, this is the north and they understand how to handle snow, so we aren't imprisoned.

We drove since no plane on Earth would accept all the packages that we wanted to take with us; therefore my parents left their place in Ohio in timing with our being close so we could tag team if needed over the 17 hour trip. We managed quite well and it wasn't until the damned New Jersey turnpike (I really really hate New Jersey) that we got stuck in traffic just west of the GW bridge that we noticed them behind us. I found it very amusing that we can travel 800 miles only to find ourselves next to each other in a typical NJ/NY traffic jam. It turned out that somebody had the audacity to have their car burn up, so it was shoved into the Hudson and everybody moved on quickly.

That's the theory anyway.