09 March 2009

Being 30 isn't so bad!

The mindset is essential. There were many moments where my heart sank in realisation that, dear God, I'm freaking 30 years old, or near enough. However, the distractions have been very positive. The birthday passover that my parents provide had completely spot on daily gifts as well as Eric's daily gifts. It's impossible to be depressed with all the love through gifts!

The weekend was amazing starting off with getting to watch Andre Watts play Rachmaninov with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra directed by Andrew Litton, who was equally amazing. That concerto in C minor is insanely difficult and Litton pulled together the piano feature and symphony in an fabulous performance.

The next night was my party, which I must say was completely awesome. So many wonderful friends came and honoured me while we all enjoyed great beer, wine and Yats while listening to Knee Deep in the Weeds (pic below). I couldn't have asked for a better party!



Sunday is officially remembered as recovery day while my actual birthday today is mostly looking at my disastrously messy house and procrastinating it's cleaning!

I have so many awesome friends and family - thank you for making my birthday such a special start into a new decade :)