14 May 2009

Next Stop: London!

It is with great joy that I can finally report solid DATES for our London visit.

Departing May 25, 2009
Returning June 24, 2009

For those who may find returning on a Wednesday weird, return tickets skyrocket for any date after that, so Elle and I are coming home a week early.

We'll be staying in a flat just off High Street in Egham (Surrey) about 10 miles west of London. As usual, England's stellar public transportation system gives us easy access to London proper while we can enjoy being in a village atmosphere. My first quest will be the local pub.

Even more fun will be the visiting friends! Schedules are already being made...here's how I expect it to go down...

Ellen: shopping
Howie: anything related to Shakespeare and beer
Parents: museums

Meanwhile, I'll be heading out to the country at some point to say hello to my family in Devon and Bristol. I'm hoping to take Elle to Windemere for the whole Peter Rabbit experience and/or to the 100 Acre Wood just south of London - although the 100 Acre Wood is actually a 100 acres (who knew!) and might be a bit much for Elle. Quite frankly, it's been three years and I'm just anxious to walk the streets again and enjoy the city! Anything beyond that will simply be a bonus.