06 September 2009

Yes, I'm Alive...

My uselessness with blog presence has been at an all time high recently. My professional blogs haven't been touched in months and I almost feel ill with the amount of work that I'm realising for my doctorate program that starts again Tuesday, not to mention several projects at work that resemble one of the lower levels of hell. So why did I take on a new commitment at work? My problem is that I see future potential and often forget to calculate the cost for getting there.

I feel a bit discouraged for no terribly obvious reason, so I'll focus on the positive feelings of a great trip to Indianapolis, Chicago and Bellaire. Over three thousand miles later, my adorable Mini looks none the worse for wear. The amazement is that despite nearly three weeks in the Midwest, I still didn't get everything I had hoped done! It was a great time though being with local friends, seeing the usual 'conference' crowd from the UK, and getting valuable lake time at my grandparents.

Despite the enjoyment of travel, there was a certain relief of being in Denver for a whole month, but that didn't last. Eric's heading to the UK for three weeks followed by a holiday with me somewhere TBD, followed by Rome with friends. The UK trip was unplanned, so that chops off the last two weeks of September. My biggest excitement? Getting a whole week alone with Eric with no work for either of us after the UK. Rome will be fun with the others, but I have to strain to think of the last private holiday with Eric, which seems a little unbalanced. We are at some disagreement as to where to go, but I don't think either of us cares that much in the end as long as it happens :)

Meanwhile, my lungs have reminded me that I am indeed back up in thin air as unpacking the car into the 3rd floor flat required several rests. We'll see if I adjust faster this time!

That's the end of my saga for the moment. No major epiphanies or discoveries - just living.