09 October 2011

Growing Up? Maybe....

When you are doing something that you know is completely awesome and cool, there are two emotional reactions. The first is a somewhat natural tendency to think "I bet they wish to be in my shoes!" This occurs especially in goal-oriented people that are constantly striving to improve a situation or circumstance. The second is the happy contented sense of thinking how wonderful life is. I believe the transition between these emotions is the cusp of true self-security and maturity, and a transition that I am finally experiencing. Shutting down my Facebook account was the first signal to me that I was still experiencing the first emotion as it was all too easy in my excitement to post obnoxious snippets that essentially said "I am here, where are you?!" Something that I do not want to necessarily do is to disappear into a hole, but blasting my news and life into people's faces constantly seems equally unfriendly. I definitely recognise the value of virtual social sharing, but I also recognize that it is not the best platform for my personal growth. I do love to share my experiences and will be adding links to my Picasa albums in my blog, as well as creating real stories rather than the short hand method of communication blasts. If people wish to share in my life, and I hope you do, please pop by my blog and check out my fun crazy life. Otherwise, just give a ring. Or stop by. Or email :) However, the shotgun approach of my perceptions of a fantastic life is over...