15 January 2014

The Girls Week Out

So far this week in London it's just been a massive Girl's Week Out, as so far we have been frequently referred to by people we've met along the way. The torture session is taking turn. One visit to Hamley's for one visit to Anthropologie. One visit to The Portobello Print and Map Shop for a gander through The Blue Door. Ellie's still trying to get even with me for a long stint at the British Museum, but I think I've bought her off. While I'm sure Ellie would report a nightmarish experience at Anthropologie, I do believe it could not have been worse at Hamley's. Seven freaking levels of crap, otherwise known as toys. A visit to the cupcake parlor, a broad swath through the candy section, and a painful decision making process for the "one" toy. I was voting for the remote car that went on walls and ceilings, but she opted for the messiest toy on the planet; a rainbow paint set. Right.




Notting Gate was a dream as I got my side of the bargain from the cupcake parlor "experience" by getting a cheese and wine extravaganza. Ellie had stronger words than "experience", but I bought her off again with some very nice yoghurts they sold and the fact that she got to sit down. For me, I was in a lower echelon of heaven as they not only served me gargantuan servings of cheese, but he left me the bottle of wine after serving my goblet because there wasn't a whole lot. Lovely service!



At least tomorrow we get promoted from food and shopping to cultural experience. Two puppet shows and a play for Ellie for the next three days. I wish for a show of my own; but secretly, the children's shows here are pretty awesome! We did go for the history and culture effort today, which had a good start...and a "dear God can we leave" end from Elle :)



One thing is for certain; the ramblings have been all devoted to girly things. There's just a few decades difference on preference.