02 May 2004

Continued Education
My "lack of direction" feelings are making decisions irritating. I have a little under a year left with my mEd, then a probable waiting period of about 1-2 years to actually start teaching because universities seem to have that annoying little rule. So my lack of direction is if I want to go back and get another Bachelors in a subject that I enjoy a lot more than business (so I can teach more than Business and Finance courses), such as History, or Conservation, or go on and get my doctrate in a Business related field. While it may seem stupid to go back and get a Bachelors that would not do anything for me, being able to teach it by having a mEd would make it sensible. I'm not exactly happy with a couple doctrate programs I've looked at either. The one especially boxes you into this little expectation corner, not allowing you to have unique feelings or opinions, or so it appears. I think a doctrate program would encourage complete immersion into the subject matters, but it's like they only want to have students that work or have a career. I find this extremely odd because a real doctrate program would make working almost impossible.

I've blogged this because I've been feeling this confusion for awhile, but am not getting anywhere with it. I just need to feel even a preference, but I have too many "equal" pros and cons for each direction. Maybe I missed something....opinions?