14 November 2004

A Great Weekend
Just as I was believing that the world is full of bitterness and meanness, this week decided to prove me wrong! It helps to have two huge stressers out of the way: the self defence program last Tuesday and the fundraiser demo Saturday night. The self defence program went really well, along with some funny moments watching Eric, Howie, and Jon getting maimed by very capable women. One girl apparantly forgot her specific technique and ended up slapping Howie clean across the face. He let go very quickly as a result! I nearly broke in half laughing, while he was soothed by the girl (she felt terrible) and had his face caressed. Please, somebody explain to me why he did not take advantage of this assault and ask for her number. Jon lost some shin skin and Eric lost a couple locks of hair. I was happy to see how well the girls caught on to the self defence techniques :) Friday night was pretty cool too with my first storytelling experience for role-playing. I was really happy to see that we're exactly on schedule for what I planned.

The demo went so much better than I anticipated. I found out that two of the kids couldn't make it when I got there, and then two of the girls had a near panic attack when they were getting on stage involving tears when they saw 300 people out there; however, Eric managed to trick them into being excited and I kept them focused on me. The crowd really enjoyed it and I nearly fainted with relief afterwards. Sadly, the facility was bereft of alcohol, so Eric was a sweetie and took me afterwards to St. Elmo's for their awesome shrimp cocktail at the bar. I highly recommend their Cosmo's.

Only one more stressful event left for this month! It's certainly looking up for my plan of crashing and burning over Thanksgiving.