02 March 2005

Mishaps
Mishap #1 - I'm getting pretty upset with Blogger. Every time I try to blog, I copy and paste the post in case the post fails. When I do that, the whole bloody thing disappears permanently, which involved much anger because I usually take some time with my posts. Losing my post for Min's Journal was especially irritating. Now I have to totally re-do it.

Mishap #2 - My wonderful holiday away from everything turned out horribly and caused an early return because it was s-o-o-o desolate. An example would be the deer roaming around the road, dirt roads, and the nearest sign of civilisation (a petrol station) being five miles away. St. Louis was 60 miles south, and as far as I could tell, was the last fort before we moved into Indian country. In case nobody understands this, I am very allergic to desolation and isolation, even though it was gorgeous country in the Mississippi Valley. The problem was that all the activities (swimming, racquetball, biking, horse riding) were summer activities, and the freakin' cold make the place a prison. I reacted poorly to my incarcaration and Eric brought me back early.

Mishap #3 - The tournament Saturday went very very well, but I did take a hammer kick to the chest (above the protective guard) that I shook off at the time, but after weights Monday, felt like bricks on my chest that really reduced my range of motion. No bone breaks according to doc; just a bad contusion and possible muscle separation. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but trust me, it hurts like hell. The Vicodon didn't effect the pain, but fortunately put me to sleep.

Now that the mishaps are hopefully over, I'm looking forward to a fun month in March with a lot less things to do and stress over :) :)