23 February 2008

Strange Irony
I competed in my first championship since having Elle, with ironic results. I didn't feel ready for the forms competition at all - I felt disjointed and off-balance for most of my practice, but at the event something snapped together and I earned first place. I felt pretty ready for my sparring competition, going International and having been involved in my personal training these last few months...and got knocked out. Even though I didn't necessarily have expectations of the sparring win, I did not expect a black eye and swollen/bruised cheekbone. It was my impatience that cut me down (not waiting on them to attack); regardless, it was a complete switch-a-roo of my expectations for the two events. It was very disagreeable to experience my own personal first knockout as the one knocked out. I prefer the other side of the table; although neither sides are exactly enjoyable. Much learned - much more training to come.