24 September 2013

Why I'm in the Smokies

Granted, there are many reasons we bought a house in Asheville, and they are similar reasons to why I want a getaway home in Nederland, Colorado. Wonderful mountains, gorgeous lakes and waterfalls, cool town atmospheres and the perfect weather. I actually prefer the snow in the Rockies over the lack of snow in the Smokies, but it's nice to have such temperate weather in Asheville too.

I digress....

As I had my morning walk, I could not help but be struck with the beauty of Beaver Lake as the fog remained from the early morning before starting to roll off and up the mountains. After being too sick to even walk much last week, it was extra nice to simply be out ... running errands ... taking my lake walk in sweater weather .... and simply appreciating life.


...and when I get home? Yes, it is sweater weather in the morning and evenings after all, so there's nothing more relaxing and calming for me than turning my head from working to see this scene, slipping over to the rocker for a cuppa, and then migrating back to work.



I always knew the day would come where this flow of life would be normal, and thankfully we were patient with the timing, place, and planning. And lucky.