06 October 2013

Winning....Or maybe not.

Winning is not something that is necessarily a difficult thing .... I do reasonably well in sports, excelled in martial arts, won intellectual awards, and can generally work things in my direction positively. However, winning anything with Eric being my opponent is simply impossible. The best I can do with chess is stalemate, simply forget any board game that takes an iota of strategy, just double any of my best pinball scores for him, it's very tiring to fully take on his brain, and I am crushed all around in anything sporting.

For example....

Foosball.

OK, it's foosball, who cares, right? I do. Because it's just another example of being crushed by my husband. Suddenly feeling nostalgic of the "old days" with his first employer where he was an excellent foosball player (fantastic, actually), I stupidly agreed to play a few games with him at his current employer's when we were at the headquarters in Colorado.

Drops the ball.....SWAT! Score.

Really? Did you put in the ball?

Fine.

Drops the ball....SWAT! Score.

I was really excited that time. I barely nicked the ball with one of my handles.

Drops the ball....SWAT! SWAT! Score.

Wow, it took two swats for him. I'm simply dynamite.

SWAT! Score.
SWAT! Score.
SWAT! Score.

Nevermind.

Let's play something else. Such as anything else. Oh! Darts!

My breath is shallow, quick. Is it possible? Would all those hours and all those years playing darts as a kid work to my puny advantage?

YES!!!!!! The man is crushed. Destroyed. Buried.


This picture will be in my hall of records.

Annoying factors with this situation.
  1. Eric was really happy for me.
  2. Eric starts quickly learning how to score at a rate far faster than anybody else I've helped when giving technical tips.
*sigh*