06 March 2015

Birthday Concerns


I left pretty clear instructions of my birthday bonanza weekend expectations before I headed to the airport for work on Monday. I returned Thursday, and the following was desired to take place on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (my actual birthday).
  • Flowers daily
  • Bottle of bubbly daily
  • Dedication to my seedlings Saturday
  • Waterfall chasing excursion Sunday
  • Never lifting even a pinky finger for food, and the food must meet normal expectations

This is not really a lot, right? I mean, no party is required. No ten member band required. No flood of gifts required. Just flowers, bubbly, focus on a couple things, and overall slavery to my every whim. NOT HARD!

So, when I wake up Friday to my eggs and tea in bed (excellent start), I start wandering around the house. I noticed it's de-cluttered, and that certainly deserves another round of applause! Ellie's rooms are cleaned ... ANOTHER round of applause as I see my birthday weekend is shaping up to the right ambiance so far. 

Wait. WHOA!

What are these beautiful dried purple flowers that give the hint of a French kitchen effect? Wow! How creative! How beautiful! Right next to the Earl Grey and everythi......

....that vase looks familiar....

*suspicion grows*

Yeah. OK. It's the same flowers that my dad sent me for Valentines Day with the dead tulips removed. 

Uh huh. 

*LOUD BUZZING NOISE OF DOOM*

Try again. And now .... today will require flowers, bubbly, AND a fancy creamy cheese.