13 October 2003

Exciting Events at the Willeke Home

1. Eric tried to order two new grill plates to replace the one that phased on us in a grease fire a few weeks ago, but it was on back order. Devestated, Eric managed to accept this, but was happily rewarded with both grill plates arriving late last week :) Now we actually have something to grill on for our game nights!

2. Eric bought me a bread machine. It become very clear to us that we needed to go more dates or something, because our life basically revolved around the first loaf of bread to be produced. Never straying far from the machine, we entertained ourselves with mindless games during the rising times, and rushed madly to watch if we heard anything unusual. We even set the oven timer to give us approximate warning when another cycle of kneading or something would start. Very scary. Very good bread though!

3. We had a cocktail party Saturday for our neighborhood, partly because I love giving parties, and partly because I wanted to see if the whole neighborhood was mean like our neighbors to the east of us. While those particularly rude neighbors stiffed our party, to my great delight, Eric and I were both thrilled to discover that we have quite wonderful neighbors all around us! Very sweet and thoughtful, full compliments for our landscaping this past Spring, and just really getting to know each other. We took the tour of my mum's artwork throughout the house, of which I think I could have sold tickets to some of those ladies :) We have an extremely cool younger person right across the street from us that brought Q a toy with her hostess gift. My cynicism of neighbors are greatly diminished.

4. I am very excited personally because I have finally learned the trick of getting past the recipe bound cocktails, and able to understand 4-1 or 3-2 type of thinking, which greatly speeds up my process, and I think it produces better alcohol mixtures than when I panicked if I was a milliliter under what the recipe called for.

All around, it was an fun weekend.