10 February 2004

RSS Feeds
I am trying to determine if the parasitical effect of RSS feeds is the fault of the blogger who sets up a RSS feed, or the fault of the idiot who subscribed to a blog. Before defenses flare, please understand that I am referring to feeds only for jabbering blogs like mine. I think the feeds serve a great and noble purpose for insane readers like my husband who has a current subscription total of 90+ technical blogs. While I cannot comprehend reading all of them, I can at least see how the feeds would help him to read the masses of information. I don't understand why he keeps wanting me to set up a feed for my blog though. I'm tempted to do it for my religion and Tae Kwon Do ones, because that is one subject that only relates to certain people, but a feed for my babbling seems very annoying. I can just see it now, Ball is having a bad day, gets a RSS feed of my bad day, and realising that precious moments of his already bad day has been wasted, throws a sandwich across Cubeland :)