16 April 2004

Lost Pup
Let me start off with the fact that this "lost pup" is up to my shoulders when he stands on his back legs. I'm terrified of big dogs. The name pit bull or rot sends shivers up and down my spine; however, this dog is smaller, so I didn't suspect pit bull. Since he was annoying me on every level by marking every bush and plant in my garden, he was installed in the garage. He wasn't leaving the area any time soon, and I felt that it would be better for him to mark silly tools instead of my plants. (Just kidding Eric!)

I took him to the vet today to scan him for a chip. He had one, but the computers were down, so they couldn't find out the owner. Given his excellent grooming condition, obedience, and gentleness, I figured him to have a chip and be owned. They asked me to keep him until they could locate the owner. I was perfectly fine with this until I ventured to ask the breed.

Pit Bull.

A very unhappy Marian took him home. I now understood why my cats puffed up in defense. Although I'm scared of him because of his breed, he has taken to me. We took a 2 mile walk. He managed to humiliate me by marking every rock and flower by the sidewalk. His owners must be breeding him. He's definitely ready to rock and roll. I placed him in the garage with the main door cracked, not figuring he would get through the screen door. Nope.

*click click click*

I look up, and this huge pit bull is looking at me with the most mournful eyes from the stairs. He came over and sat next to me. Never look into a dogs eyes when you lock them up.

Porky is no-where to be seen, and Q occasionally ventures out all puffed up. She is very angry, but when is Q not angry?