06 April 2004

New Cousin
I only say that I have a new cousin (Eric's cousin) because I only met him for the first time a few months ago. I have tonnes of cousins, with family reunions ranging in the hundreds, so one more, and a "cousin-in-law" at that, had little impact on me...except perhaps that he's cute. Very cute, even. He has some serious potential except that he speaks the official computer-talk language, so there's some communication barriers for people like me. Eric, apparently, is somewhat fluent in this subject, as the entire dinner conversation that day was lost on me. Anyway, I bring up this memory because I found his blog. I immediately saw that his computer-talk language extended to his writing skills also. He has some political things mentioned regarding Iraq too to add some flavour to this otherwise confusing blog. Sometime I think I'm going to have to go to Rose-Hulman and get a CS degree just so I can converse with people. I never realised that a degree would be necessary for conversation skills when I married an engineer!