15 April 2004

Tax Season
There has also been a very big cloud of anger over my head this week because of tax season. I will spare you my rant, but I think there is something fundamentally wrong when you give so much money throughout the year, then they decide to sting you again. Given our tax bracket in a combined income, I will be relieved to see next year's tax bracket without my income. Why screw us? Do you see a Mercedes out front? Do you see us owning a really cool house on Meridian Street? NO! We are innocent American citizens that work hard. Part of my problem is that I always take very careful notice of how much they withheld too, and combined with the April 15 taxes, it's insane. If people did not have FICA withholding, there would seriously be a tax revolution in this country. People just don't quite realise the depth of their contributions to the government. This is an example (not ours) to show how much the government rips off from us....

*whew* I feel better.

The highlight of my day is that my stats class is over as of yesterday. I just want to say that I very much enjoyed giving the feedback survey on the instructor. BWA HA HA!