30 September 2004

Desperation
It's amazing what happens when you're desperate. My latest desperation was getting rid of the crazy hutch so we can have more garage space and getting rid of the four dining room chairs (I'm replacing them with more folding chairs). Eric rang Goodwill since they give donation receipts for tax deductible purposes, and they said they would pick up the items.

Who said they'd be here a 9am? Do they not realise how asleep I am at that hour, especially after this exhausting week? I never heard them, so Eric rang my cell 4,541 times until I got sick of hearing it and answered it. The news that Goodwill was standing on my doorstep, ready to leave, sent me into panic mode enough to just throw open the door (yes, I'm in my nightclothes) before I even thought. After about 2 minutes of awkward silence, I managed to get out that I didn't realise they would be here this early, and if they drive around back, I would run up and change.

I really hope that I never see them again. I'm 99% sure they thought I was a completel freak.