03 October 2004

Death to a Certain Friend - With Much Fire & Voodoo!
Chicago was a great shopping trip, and I can happily say that my gaming room is nearly completed, and I have very cool new Love Sacs for lounging for either the living room or gaming room, depending on where they are needed :) The filling has a lifetime guarantee, so I don't have to deal with flat beanbags in a year.

Anyway, on to the death-to-a-certain-friend story. IKEA is an awesome store, but is not the type to "run in and grab something." Nothing's simple in that store mostly due to it's huge size and masses of crowds that it attracts. Ellen asks me to pick up Roman blinds and said her windows are 30". No problem. I get 30" Roman blinds. After four hours at IKEA, I move on to Woodfield Mall, then Ellen rings. "I'm sorry! The windows are actually 23"!" I'm quite forgiving at this point, and just plan to go back after a few more shoppes. When I go back to IKEA, I first return the three incorrectly sized blinds. The serving number on the board is #23. Please note that my ticket is #70. This is where death by fire and voodoo began forming in my brain. Once those painful moments, hours, and days pass, I still get the pleasure of going up to the other floor and getting the correctly sized blinds, and fighting my way through to the checkouts.

I still love you Ellen. I just dreamt of death by fire and voodoo for that time period :)