22 December 2004

Shattered World

Parties, shopping, dinners, and gifts.

It's been a really awesome couple of weeks, but an event threatened to overshadow all of it in one swift moment. My Burberry purse was stolen, along with my Fendi pocketbook and about $70 worth of makeup. It happened yesterday, but I didn't realise it until today. My world was rocked...badly. Besides being a $400 purse, it was the purse Eric bought for me on our wedding planning trip in London, so there's huge sentimental value attached to that as well. I wept for a very long time, and then got the brilliant idea to check for fradulant activity on my cards. I discovered activity all right...to the tune of $1000+ of money taken from my bank account. Why are people so mean? What is their issue? My credit card actually works as a debit card, thus they only had to sign, and God knows that cashiers check for ID (roll eyes). I really felt badly for my poor banker because in retrospect, he had a real basketcase on his hands. Fortunately, Eric's reaction to the crisis was a little more subdued and orderly, but then he wasn't dealing with the loss of a Burberry purse and a Fendi pocketbook. I think the police were pretty amused at my priority of those losses over the money in my bank account being swiped...but then, the bank's going to cover the money, so that's just an inconvenience. People SUCK. Merry Christmas.