10 October 2005

Continuation of Fun Week!!
Lady Fun has gone my way this week with far less stress and more enjoyment :) Friday night was the opera open (The Pearl Fishers). It was in French, so I was desperately trying to pick out the French that I recognised. You would think eight years of French would do something for me, but the old addage of "practice what you want to keep" holds true with languages. It was excellent though and I look forward to the remaining three operas for the season. Saturday was the Renaissance Faire, which was pretty good for first year, but I would like to see more vendors. I think part of the problem was they were completely unprepared for such a huge turnout for the first year. Later, Indiana Ice's opening night was enjoyable, but sad in the sense they lost by 2 points. I liked being that close to the ice (right next to it on the floor), but my view was limited thus forcing a conclusion to stay half-way up for seating. Vormeilli was thrilled to get going on her new adventure saving the world and collecting gems Sunday. It was a good combination of combat and town activity. The evening ended with an awesome rendition of Marko and Matthieu's gypsy mood music at the Melody Inn. Although they were just playing cover for Lunar Event, they played an whole hour, keeping the place pretty full of a wide variety of people :) It was the last concert before Matthieu returns to Paris, but I got to hear them twice in two weeks (they also played at KTTS), so I'm happy. Onward to another enjoyable week. I'm really liking this pleasure versus stress thing...so far October's been great :)