20 October 2005

Desperate Times
Sometimes the need for sugar is so great that you find yourself chipping dried chocolate out of your glovebox. Fortunately I can say I've never been reduced to that level of desperation, but I think I was close on Tuesday. Saving my peppermint stick in my car for a very special occasion, i.e., for a desperate moment, I was happy to try and forget the miserable class I had just taught and wallow in the joys of peppermint sticks flavoured with lime. Fifteen minutes later and nearly wrecking into a cop later, the plastic refused to come off. Apparantly the heat of the car in the console had caused it to be completely stuck to the candy. This called for war for the plastic. Did you know that you can't even taste the plastic if you just start eating it? There was some annoying aftereffects, such as small pieces of plastic floating in my mouth for awhile, but it was worth it. Perhaps desperate, but I can definitely say I won. It's the little victories that keep you going, right?