12 April 2009

Beaches...Glorious Beaches

It is confirmed...three whole weeks of wonderful sand, salt water, and best of all, breathable air! Oddly, each week is at a different resort, but that adds to the attraction for me. The first one is a golf resort where I'm going to try my hand at a new sport. It's on a river near the North/South Carolina border about 40 miles from the chain of islands that you can ferry past up to the Outer Banks, where the second week will be spent smelling the salt air. Since the Outer Banks is a regular spring holiday, it's nice to already know where the essential shoppes are (wine, micro brew, art store, fish store). Rushing back after the second week, Eric and I will be flying down to Miami to support his conference, but taking time for some leisure too.

I'll be working the entire time, but I don't consider that a negative...yet. In fact, I'm considering it a bonus that my job allows me to change scenery on a whim. Besides a scenery change, this is also a really awesome opportunity to have quality time with Elle. Working from home has the advantage of being with her, but it's shockingly easy to get distracted with the most mundane stuff at home...and is never quite as adventurous as doing it in a new environment.

Friday can't come quickly enough...