09 April 2009

Nine books? Are you nuts?

The answer is yes, I'm nuts. For those who follow my Goodreads, you'd know that I'm currently reading nine books all at the same time, which is about five too many for me. There's a method behind the madness though...I'm going on a two, possibly three week holiday next Friday, and I need plenty of reading material to assist my brain disconnection from the real world on the beach. Three of those books are more 'intense' in the sense that you don't simply whip through St. Augustine or the two extremely thorough history books covering a very short period of time. I'm seeing Color: A Natural History of the Palette possibly taking awhile, but the rest are potential breezes ranging from valuable information to pure entertainment. We'll see!

(Thank you Ellen for loaning me three of them!)