02 November 2013

Practices of Luxury

It's important that when you plan a trip to the desert to search out ghost towns, hike dusty trails, discover amazing ruins, enjoy wonderful food, and struggle through wine tastings, that the evening oasis' are selected with care. The Tucson adventure, for the past week, had evenings spent at the JW's Starr Pass resort with a fantastic view of Tucson below on one side, and Saguaro National Park on the other side. Absolutely zero complaints as it always nice to indulge in special treatment. Now I sit in North Scottdale's Waldolf Astoria resort realising that my expectations in travel spoils have been brought up another notch while I plot my next visit. Next week's paltry resort down in Tempe is technically a very nice condo, but.... but.....

Anyway, I'm spoiled freaking rotten to get these opportunities, and I'm excited that I get to share the experiences with friends :) So far the ones with me seem very happy and are enjoying the scenery, experiences, and treats.

Onward to champagne in a huge comfy leather chair in front of a gorgeous fire with the door open to the stars that I think can be touched!

(It's important to understand that reality is not required until November 11....and there it will wait...)