02 October 2014

English Reading (book reviews)

Really it's about the books being borrowed from a friend in London across past visits, so when I came here for my PhD residency this week, I stuffed them in my backpack for their rightful return on her shelves. She has excellent tastes in books ... although the one was a dud for me. Try as I will, Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall is not for me and I give up. Dodger was wrapped around Charles Dickens', so you know I already adore it, and then Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman was beyond awesome. Funnily enough, that was the one I was the most uncertain about, but it in fact was hilarious while influential.

So...these three have been returned, and the backpack space is duly getting filled with replacements, only this time purchased ones from my visit to Cambridge today and what I'm sure will be a couple more before I leave London :)