22 May 2016

Literary and Historically Inspired Weekend

Indulging my literary and historical romantic senses ...
  • sound of vintage music
  • sight of old London streets
  • touch the steampunk wardrobe
  • taste for gin and tonic
  • smell of Belgian linen

In such a spirit from my happy Victorian age steampunk ramblings from Moriarty: A Novel (book review), I enjoyed my offscreen and non-book time in a weekend in my own style of steampunk wardrobe....

a-line skirt from two men's trousers and vintage silks

...with the vintage tunes of Elephants on Parade and Blue Skies from last night's Crow & Quill running through my head.....



With the closing of this weekend with my favourite goth-style outfit, I watch the supernatural and monster literary figures of Dorian Gray and Frankenstein shown in the Penny Dreadful (Eva Green) series, preparing me well for a week of enjoying one of my best book purchases in a very long time ... walking through London's low life with Bleak House (Dickens) and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Stevenson), London's high life with Lucia in London (Benson) and Vanity Fair (Thackeray), London's apocalypse with The War of the Worlds (Wells) and The Poison Belt (Doyle), and of course London's changing nature with Dombrey and Son (Dickens) and Captain Nicholas (Walpole).