27 February 2003

Petty Women
This is so unbelievable. My coworker sat down to tell me (my director didn't have the guts to talk to me since he is a man) that my director has been receiving complaints on my "unprofessional dress." I was so stunned. My company is definitely not up on style OR professional dress. Trying to not knock midwestern style, but these people are the prime example of un-ironed khaki's with some ghastly sweater. Of course I don't wear nasty clothing like that! My coworker was actually near tears because she felt so badly for me that people would be so petty as that. She said that she explained to the director that I am wearing the style, but he said that the complaints were because they were too tight, etc. Ummmm...what are they wanting, feedsacks? My work clothes are not that tight. My MOTHER; my very conservative MOTHER felt that my work clothes were extremely professional. Even my coworker thought they were too, but apparently some people are out to make me miserable. I know who has complained too, that's what makes it so difficult. These secretaries are all mad because my position is above them (although I have no one reporting to me) and that the position wasn't posted (it was created specifically for me) and that I get an office cube, etc. It was totally unbelieveable how the list goes on for their complaints. They haven't even bothered trying to get to know me. They just snap my head off when I have to speak to them and then ignore me if I'm around. My two bosses think I walk on water - I told the other director that is over me about the complaints and he was so horrified. He said that he'll be expecting somebody to complain that he has a beard next! He said to ignore them and just realize that there's a really strong clicque and not try to please them, as it will be probably impossible anyone. He said to just talk to him if they won't work with me, which is fine. That made me feel better, but I'm still frustrated at such stupid pettiness...