15 May 2003

Pets...
Based on the stress that my pets are causing, I'm thinking that a delay for children would be wise. Mazi (my new 12lb albino New Zelander bunny) and Q (my 8lb black short haired kitty) are not in love with each other in the slightest. In fact they are extremely territorial of entire floors of my 3 floor townhouse and very hateful, resulting in "boxing" each other, and shoving each other off of the window sills etc. Unfortunately, I have discovered that Mazi is quite adept at climbing stairs, so she's quite capable of roaming the entire house, which was quite obvious by the half eaten magazine (bunny's seem to be half cat, half goat), knocked over lamp, and the floor plant being eaten all around up to Mazi's height. Therefore, I have been forced to lock Q on the 3rd floor in the morning while Mazi's allowed to roam the first two floors, and then lock Mazi up in her rather spacious cage in the afternoon so Q gets the place to herself. That worked until Mazi learned how to break free of her cage. We won't discuss the condition of the living room when both animals were free that afternoon...