25 May 2003

Weekend...
I'm very happy with my cooking Friday night. Eric seemed pretty pleased too. I'm really working on creating good food so I can invite people over for dinner parties.

Champagne
Shrimp with handmade cocktail sauce

Merlot
Fried portobello mushrooms with cooked in a light sauce (I did not have this myself as I despise mushrooms)
Filet Mignon - medium rare with an unamed, but good sauce

Port
Handmade chocolate mousse (the best of the evening - well, tied with the filet mignon

In other news...
I totally love gardening, so when I volunteered to help my friend move, I was assigned garden duty (based on experience). However, I was not too happy when three other people were also assigned to garden duty, although I should have been content since it was a pretty huge garden that was so overgrown that it would have taken days to clear and transplate stuff. They were pretty good themselves though, so I was really happy with the results. I tend to not want to affiliate myself with results that would be less because the other person(s) are bloody clueless. I realize how unrealistic this is, but I can't shake the feeling!