29 May 2003

Terrorism
I was disgusted with the results of a quick-vote on whether the war on terrorism has made the world more dangerous or peaceful. 59% more dangerous and 41% more peaceful were the results. Maybe I'm confused. Was it not the terrorists that started this? Is not taking off with four planes and bringing down the Twin Towers dangerous? I believe it's more dangerous to travel in certain areas of the world simply because of the terrorists retaliation of being called into account; however, because of their existence, I wouldn't travel to those areas in the first place. But how is the world more dangerous?? I think it's becoming more safe. At least Palestine and Israel are talking seriously, Iraq is freed of one of the worst tyrannies, the Phillippines are making some headway with their homegrown terrorists, and Afghanistan is a free country as well. Yes, there's danger, but more dangerous? No. I have to disagree. There's finally some hope!