27 July 2004

Lawsuit Settlements

*shove soapbox out*

You just have to laugh at class actions. One of my favourites is when I won $.37 with a class action against my credit card company, of which I had no idea until, yes, they sent me a check. The latest with Paypal isn't quite to that level of mockery, but I remain in awe how attorneys continue to utilize this cash cow without people waking up to realise that it's really not worth it. After an extremely lengthy read of the suit and settlement (I should have known better), it finally relayed the only detail I really cared about after I realised I was eligible: money. I get $50 whole dollars if I complete a rather annoying set of forms and claim. Hmph. At least the credit card company had the courtesy to send me my $.37 right away. I realise that they have to screen who's "eligible within the eligibility", but I'm here to yell to the world: "Class actions are retarded and supply attorneys with cool boats and planes!" The day of class actions actually benefiting the People is long gone.

*shove soapbox back*