16 July 2004

Marketing Question
Since all of my readers (except for perhaps the ones in Washington State, Scotland and England) are coming to Kick to the Stars *crosses fingers!*, this would be a good to question post, especially since most of my readers happen to fall in the computer geek realm. Best Buy has donated $100 to this event, and I have the choice of several forms. It can be a flat $100 gift certificate, OR it can be anything in the store that is worth $100 at cost. While cost isn't a huge difference for DVDs, there are some very serious deep discounts that I can get for computer accessories. USB thingamajigs, other confusing computer accessories that would require assistance from Eric, gaming systems accessories, etc are a few examples.  OR I can get one cool item like a flat panel monitor. Howie was kind enough to share a research study that showed people can't make decisions, so multiple items might be more frustrating for people, but given that everything starts at $5, what is there to lose for anybody?
 
I need input people! Should I get the gift certificate, lots of cool smaller items, or one cool bigger item?