17 October 2008

Layout Upgrade

I've been distantly aware that my blog layout is somewhat from the Dark Ages with it's austere black background with no design. I prefer simplicity over bling-y colour constrasts that make you wonder where to start reading first, but mine was depressing and needed some subtle facelifting. This background template was perfect for my goal, and I eagerly made the changes as I kept reading "your widgets won't be lost" and "your old template will be saved".

Uh huh.

I just spent the last hour putting back my widgets and adding code to the template. I would like to note that my old template was not saved and I got the enjoyment of going back to Goodreads, Google Reader, Amazon, and zcounter to retrieve all the appropriate code I needed.

While I'm excited about my new layout, I'll always think "but you didn't save the old template!"

Let this serve as a reminder to never depend on technology and to manually copy/paste anything thought to be necessary regardless of promises for easy retrieval.