27 October 2008

No phone for a week?

Is it possible? In this world of taking mobiles to the toilet with you (please note that I do not feel quite that attached to my phone), our mobiles seem to be our lifeblood. I remember when my iPhone had a spider web cracked face; I shipped it to Iowa to iresq.com and discovered that 3 days without a phone was a little bit of heaven. Now the glue is not working right and they have to fix it, so I get a whole week of mobile communication freedom.

It's really hard to not be twitchy for constant checking of email and other apps when it's with you, but when it's simply not available, there's zero concern because I'm unable to do a single thing about it. I'm not saying they aren't helpful and necessary, but breaks from them are just as important as holidays away from the home.