31 July 2003

Horrible Days
These last two days can be chocked up to two of my most miserable days, at least of recent.

Tuesday: I work really hard to improve a database at work that I created awhile ago. It works great, but there were some things that I wanted to streamline and reports that I wanted to add. To add the reports, I had to change around some things. Anyway, at that moment in time the devil with all of his forces of evil caused a network glitch. We won't discuss the devastating results. I'm still angry...and YES, thank you! I KNOW that I should have backed it up! Actually, I did, but it wasn't very recent. At least I have something to work from since I did back it up awhile ago though. I didn't lose any data integrity either, which is a huge relief, but I am still angry because the whole thing could have been avoided if the dice didn't get rolled to torture me needlessly. Eric gave me roses for my horrible day though, so that was good :)

Wednesday: That was a short enough time ago that I probably shouldn't discuss it, but I'm going to anyway. I took a vacation day to

  • edit the Dan Shi Promotion Log (several edits)

  • do my homework (recently homework has ranged from 2-7 hours a day...and no, I'm not stupid! I never would have believe that the Masters level was so different than the Bachelors until now.)

  • eBay some stuff I want to sell

  • work on putting the database forms (mentioned above) back together, and

  • finish another work project


Well, let's just say between the Park conversation and the fact that my husband decided that Wednesday would be the perfect day to set up the new computer, thus delaying all my work (which you might notice is all computer work!) to a disasterous late hour.

My positives: Our marriage will survive the decision to set up the computer that day, I did get a new computer with a flat panel monitor, and I had a really good Tae Kwon Do class ;)